Thursday, July 8, 2010

JOAN OSBORNE COVERS


The singer behind the massive hit single "One of Us" turns 48th today Thursday, July 8 (Manila time). I'm talking about Grammy award nominee JOAN OSBORNE. Being a huge fan, I decided to make a post of some of her best cover songs available out there.

Her 1996 debut album RELISH is back in rotation on my music player. To be honest, this is a very solid album and while I haven't heard much from her other albums, the song below which is originally performed by Bob Dylan is one of my favorite covers from her.

MAN IN THE LONG BLACK COAT





TO MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE another good interpretation of a Dylan song



I'LL BE AROUND originally from The Spinners, Joan put her own magic touch on this using her very soothing and seductive voice



Another track that stands out from RELISH cd is the song ST. THERESA and was covered by rock band THE FRAY in one of their Rolling Stone gig.


From a big fan in the Philippines, Happy Birthday, Joan!!!

**end**
_____________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments