Thursday, August 12, 2010

SINGLE LADIES by Sara Bareilles


You might remember singer/songwriter SARA BAREILLES from her earworm "Love Song" from a few years back. But now, as part of Billboard Mashup Monday live set, she perform a jazzy cover of Beyonce's 2008 smash hit, Single Ladies.

“I happen to love that song very much but also one of my favorite things to do if I’m going to do a cover of a song is I want to completely reinterpret it,” Sara explained. “It would be hard to imagine it as a doo-wopy voice and piano kind of song, so I started fooling around with that on the piano and it ended up being something super fun and it’s really fun to sing.”

Watch her performance here:




Don't forget also to check out Sara Bareilles' current hit single "King of Anything", the first track from her new album Kaleidoscope Heart out September 2, 2010 (US). =O
___________________________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting rendition! I've never heard this one on the radio. Thanks for sharing! :)

    P.S. I was so close to flailing my hands in the air. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is amazing. This girl is just getting started, and her new album is AMAZE-BALLS!

    Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This version is AWSOME! I LOVE IT...KEEP IT GOING!

    ReplyDelete

comments