Monday, March 8, 2010

I'LL FLY AWAY!



by Jars of Clay featuring Sarah Kelly


I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away
When I die, hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away

Some bright morning when this life is over, I'll fly away
To a home on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away

When the shadows of this life have grown, I'll fly away
Like a bird from these prison walls, I'll fly away

I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away
When I die, hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away

Oh how glad and happy when we meet, I'll fly away
No more cold iron shackles on my feet, I'll fly away

I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away
When I die, hallelujah by and by, I'll fly away

Just a few more weary days and then, I'll fly away
To a land where joy will never end, I'll fly away

I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away
When I die, hallellujah by and by, I'll fly away




This song is written by notable gospel music composer Albert E. Brumley in 1929. The first recording of the song by Jars of Clay appears on the various artist compilation album Wow, Worship, Red which was released in 2004. The song was re-recorded a year later for inclusion on the band's studio album Redemption Songs and released as the second radio single in promotion of the album.

Another great version of this song comes from The Avett Brothers and u can check it here.

__________________________________________________________________


1 comment:

  1. you just reminded me of my favorite Jars of Clay song -- The Flood... moreducation.weebly.com (my blog)

    ReplyDelete

comments