Thursday, July 23, 2009

My TOP 10 Cover Version .

These are my favorite cover versions as of now. It's a hard choice actually pero sana magustuhan niyo ang lists ko.

10. Utada Hikaru- With or without you (U2 cover)

Japanese diva Utada Hikaru did an amazing job with this U2 classic. Im sure hindi siya mapapahiya pag napanood or narinig ito ni Bono.


VIDEO

MP3 Stream



9. Travis- Baby, One more time (Britney Spears cover)


Didn't mind the original. This cover is better. Kudos to Travis to take a truly awful pop song and made it to a credible acoustic song.

VIDEO

MP3 STREAM




8. Cake- I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor cover)

I love this band. Isa sila sa pinakamagaling na banda pag live performance na ang pinag-uusapan. Perhaps this is one of the best performance by CAKE.
VIDEO

MP3 STREAM




7. Girlyman- My sweet, Lord (George Harrisson cover)




MP3 STREAM







6. Cyndi Lauper- Carey (Joni Mitchell cover)

I always love Cyndi!...Its just so unortunate that she's not that popular sa younger generation ngayon. When will they recognize how talented she is!!!


VIDEO







5. Jars of Clay- Crazy Love


Jars of Clay is probably the most popular christian band na nakapenetrate sa mainstream music scene. This version is originally done by an artists named Poco.
One of the most beautiful song ive heard.



MP3 STREAM





4. Neil Finn- Billie Jean (Michael Jackson cover)

Hindi ko siya kilala until i heard his cover on Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean". And former band leader pa la siya ng bandang Crowded House. Astiiig!

MP3 STREAM




3. Ari Hest- Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover)

This one is the most covered song by Leonard Cohen. But Ari Hest version is my favorite. I would not mind if I heard this song before I went to bed for the rest of my life. Its just so amazing!

VIDEO

MP3 STREAM


2. Tori Amos- Desperado (Eagles cover)

She's really my idol!...I really love her rendition of this Eagles classic. the best version by a female. She's freakingly amazing!

VIDEO

MP3 STREAM




1. Fiona Apple- I Want You (Elvis Costello orig.)

A bloody interpretation of Elvis Costello song. I'm really having a goosebumps everytime na naririnig ko ang kantang to. Sa video niya- inggit na inggit ako na sana andun ako sa audience while Fiona's nailing this song!!!.

I absolutely adore her!...She's so intense and passionate. She really loses herself in the song.


MP3 STREAM









1 comment:

  1. wow, parang pareho tayo ng taste ng music... lab na lab ko rin ang i will survive ni gloria gaynor, tapos, JOC, tori amos. Yung iba diko pa naririnig mga kanta nila... hehhe, kokolektahin ko na award ko pala, sana dipa panis hehehe!

    ReplyDelete

comments